Bomb blast in office kills one, injures two in chinaApril 2nd, 2009 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Urumqi (China), April 2 (Xinhua) A bomb blast in an office building Thursday left one dead and two injured in Urumqi in China’s northwestern Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the police said.
A man detonated the explosives at 2.10 p.m., killing himself, the police said. Two other people were injured in the explosion.
Han Wushun, 42, threatened the office workers and demanded the company, Xinjiang Beixin Road and Bridge Construction Co. Ltd, to pay him 4,500 yuan ($662) in unpaid wages, before detonating the explosives, the police said.
Han had sued the company for the money, but lost the case in July last year, police said.
Han walked into the first floor of the building and told an office worker that “Society is unfair. I don’t want to live any more”.
Han said he wanted to talk to the head of the company.
The explosion damaged some office facilities, according to police.
The police launched an investigation into the incident.
- 12 killed in China riots - Feb 28, 2012
- China blames terrorists trained in Pakistan for Xinjiang attack (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- China to recruit 8,000 police officers - Jan 31, 2012
- 12 killed in China riots (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- Three killed as train hits bus in China - Mar 24, 2011
- Rioters attack Chinese police station, 4 killed - Jul 18, 2011
- Chinese city Urumqi placed under tight security ahead of riots anniversary - Jul 02, 2010
- China blames Pakistan trained terrorists for Xinjiang attack - Aug 01, 2011
- Toxic gas leak kills five in China - May 09, 2012
- 'Post riots, China's Xinjiang region still remains unstable' - Dec 25, 2010
- Five die in traffic accident in northwest China - Jun 09, 2010
- Six sentenced to death over July riots in China - Oct 12, 2009
- Chinese police kill seven kidnappers, free hostages - Dec 29, 2011
- Bus-train collision kills 3, injures 85 in northwest China - Mar 25, 2011