Bollywood film Godfather to be released in Lahore on EidNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:10 am ICT by admin
Lollywood also plans to launch five Pakistani films. The names are Jhoomar, Mohabbatan Sachiaan, Ishtihari Rajpoot, Bala Badmash, and Ghundi Run.
The people are excited about the films and most have bought tickets in advance.
Defences Housing Authority Secretary Colonel Amir Ayub said that people were waiting to watch the films on Eid.
Rafique, a moviegoer, said that he had already bought the ticket, as the film is good and there would not be any tickets left a day before Eid or even on Eid.
“I expect Jhoomar to do as well as Choorian, as the cast and director are the same,” the Daily Times quoted Rafique, as saying.
Many families have planned to spend their Eidis (cash presents) on buying movie tickets. Cinema administrations have predicted that four to five shows will be screened on the second and third day of Eid.
Muhammad Omer, a ticketing official at Plaza Cinema, said the prices of tickets on Eid sometimes increased because of black marketing and decreased due to people’s lack of interest in the films. He said a ticket cost Rs 150 and a box of eight people cost Rs 1,200. (ANI)
- Pak to screen new Hollywood, Bollywood movies on Eid - Sep 11, 2010
- Bollywood films dominate Pakistani theatres this Eid - Nov 28, 2009
- Huma Qureshi to spend Eid with family - Aug 17, 2012
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- Censoring takes 3D 'Titanic' fun out for Chinese - Apr 11, 2012
- 'Dabangg' brings Pakistani public back to cinema halls - Sep 27, 2010
- Ban Indian films, demands Pakistan daily - Oct 07, 2011
- Cinemas to be made more affordable in China - Jan 10, 2012
- Lahoris to have Hollywood, Bollywood film feast for Eid - Aug 29, 2009
- Advance booking for 'Bodyguard' points to grand opening - Aug 30, 2011
- Bollywood lines up festival releases - Jul 12, 2011
- Salman's fans have given him the best Eidi: Sohail Khan - Aug 17, 2012
- Bollywood's who's who wish 'Eid Mubarak' - Nov 17, 2010
- Delhi celebrates Eid with feasting and fervour - Aug 20, 2012
- Bangladesh railway touts dupe people ahead of Eid - Aug 25, 2011