Bolivian man fathers six kids with stepdaughtersSeptember 21st, 2010 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
La Paz, Sep 21 (IANS/EFE) A 48-year-old Bolivian man has been charged with raping his two stepdaughters over the past nine years and fathering their six children.
The man was arrested in San Julian town after letters were sent by the victims, aged 17 and 19, to Bolivian authorities describing the abuse they were allegedly subjected to.
“Please help me, my stepfather abuses me and keeps me locked up,” a letter said.
The younger stepdaughter had two children with the man, while the elder has four, with the latest born Sep 17.
Adan Arteaga Mancilla, the prosecutor in charge of the case, said the abuse of the elder sister began when she was 11, and that the following year she got pregnant with her first son.
Abuse of the second girl began when she was 12 and she would be forced to have sex while accompanying her stepfather to collect firewood, he said.
“He threatened to kill them. Even the mother knew of the abuse, but since he was a violent man, she didn’t dare report him,” the prosecutor said.
The accused had been absconding for some time but peasants found him in the mountains and handed him over to police.
- 'German Fritzl' accused of fathering 7 kids with stepdaughter - Feb 16, 2011
- Bolivia nationalises Spanish-owned firm - May 02, 2012
- Bolivian minister quits - Sep 29, 2011
- Bolivia to buy satellite from Chinese firm - Dec 14, 2010
- Journalist slain in Honduras - Dec 07, 2011
- Argentine man rapes daughter, fathers five kids - Nov 16, 2010
- Three brothers lynched, buried alive for witchcraft - Oct 03, 2010
- Two mn Bolivians suffer severe hunger: UN - Dec 12, 2010
- Two held for exorcism in Bolivia - Dec 21, 2011
- Mob burns bars in Bolivia to protest girl's death - Mar 11, 2010
- Bolivian girl born on airliner to fly free until 21 - Feb 17, 2010
- Bolivian president asks pope to abolish priestly celibacy - May 18, 2010
- Dominican pastor booked for molesting 30 kids - Sep 17, 2010
- Gloria Trevi admits to stage fright - Feb 18, 2012
- Two tonnes of uranium seized in Bolivia - Aug 29, 2012