Bodybuilder dies of taser gun bolt!August 18th, 2011 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) A 27-year-old bodybuilder in Britain has died after being jolted by a taser gun used by police to normally just stun.
Dale Burns, a taxi driver by profession, is understood to be the first person in Britain to die by the high-voltage weapon taser gun, Daily Express reported.
Police were called to his home Tuesday following reports of a domestic incident involving Burns.
When officers arrived at his home in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria county, at 6.30 p.m., neighbours said 15-stone Burns was alone and smashing up his property.
A police officer fired thrice from a taser gun when efforts to calm him down and arrest him failed. The taser incapacitated Burns by causing involuntary muscle spasms.
After being handcuffed, he complained of feeling unwell and was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead at 9 p.m.
Burn’s childhood friend Mike Bowker said: “He stopped playing football, joined the gym and beefed up quite a lot.”
The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission watchdog.
- Florida man dies after Taser shock by police at Universal Studios - Apr 23, 2011
- Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan - Jul 15, 2012
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- HMS Ambush: Biggest ever nuclear submarine in the UK Navy - Dec 15, 2010
- At least five dead, 25 injured in northwest England mass shootings - Jun 02, 2010
- UK to launch its biggest, deadliest nuclear submarine - Dec 14, 2010
- Brit binge drinker, 22, a drink away from death - Jan 31, 2010
- Home-made stun guns built from cameras hit Oz streets - Nov 25, 2010
- Johannes Mehserle Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter - Jul 09, 2010
- BAE Systems M777 howitzer sales exceed 1 bn pounds - Jul 19, 2010
- Teen dies climbing Britain's highest peak - Jan 01, 2012
- Stun guns account for 6-fold increase in sudden deaths - Jan 26, 2009
- Mass shootings in northwest England leave 13 dead, dozens hurt - Jun 02, 2010
- Kidnapped athlete kills his abductor - Jan 27, 2012
- Court limits police use of Taser - Dec 30, 2009
Tags: barrow in furness, bodybuilder, bowker, childhood friend, cumbria county, daily express, dale burns, feeling unwell, first person, friend mike, furness cumbria, high voltage, independent police complaints commission, involuntary muscle spasms, neighbours, police complaints, police officer, taser gun, taxi driver, watchdog