Bodies of Air France plane crash victims’ foundJune 7th, 2009 - 1:11 pm ICT by ANI
San Paulo (Brazil)/Paris, June 7 (ANI): The bodies of two men from the Air France plane that crashed in the Atlantic Ocean off Brazil have been found by search teams.”We confirm the recovery from the water of debris and bodies from the Air France plane,” Sky News quoted Brazilian air force spokesman Colonel Jorge Amaral, as saying.
The Airbus jet, with 228 people on board, disappeared early last Monday as it made its way from Rio de Janiero, heading to Paris.
Investigators have been covering an area of several hundred square miles in the Atlantic.
Earlier, it was revealed the airliner sent out 24 automatic error messages in its final moments as its systems broke down one by one.
The head of the French agency probing the tragedy said signals from the jet before it disappeared showed its autopilot was not on.
Plane manufacturer Airbus said an investigation found Air France Flight 447 had inconsistent readings from different instruments as it struggled in a massive thunderstorm.
A French nuclear submarine was on its way to the search zone, 600 miles off Brazil’s north-east coast, to help look for the flight’s black boxes.
Two more Brazilian navy vessels were set to join three others already in the area.
Some 12 Brazilian and French aircraft were also flying over the zone. (ANI)
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Debris of 2009 Air France crash found - Apr 05, 2011
- Bodies Found from downed Air France flight AF447 - Jun 07, 2009
- Body recovered from 2009 Air France flight - May 05, 2011
- Investigators find black box from crashed Air France flight - May 02, 2011
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Possible Air France AF447 2009 crash debris sighted - Jun 02, 2009
- Air France Rio crash: Jet plunged in minutes - May 27, 2011
- Air France flight AF447 lost en-route to Paris - Jun 01, 2009
- Search continues for missing Air France jet with 228 aboard (Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Air France-KLM CEO Pierre-Henri Gourgeon resigns - Oct 18, 2011
- Debris is from missing Air France jet - Jun 03, 2009
- Brazilians top Air France AF447 passenger list - Jun 02, 2009
- Air France AF447 Mystery deepens - Jun 06, 2009
- Brazil confirms Air France AF447 Bodies found - Jun 07, 2009
Tags: AF447, air france, air france flight, air france plane crash, airliner, automatic error, autopilot, black boxes, brazilian air force, brazilian navy, different instruments, french agency, french aircraft, last monday, navy vessels, nuclear submarine, plane crash victims, san paulo brazil, search teams, search zone, sky news