Boat with 3,000 kg cocaine seized in SpainFebruary 25th, 2012 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Feb 25 (IANS/EFE) A fishing boat carrying over 3,000 kg of cocaine has been intercepted in international waters near Spain, sources said.
The trawler Ratonero, owned by a firm in the northwestern Spanish region of Galicia, is now being taken to the port of Vigo, where it is expected to arrive by Tuesday.
Four Spaniards and a Latin American were arrested in a joint operation by the customs and the Civil Guard.
- Boat with 3,000 kg cocaine seized in Spain - Feb 25, 2012
- Mexican firm inks floating hotels deal in Spain - Sep 20, 2012
- US seizes $26 mn cocaine shipment - Jul 04, 2012
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
- Spain arrests 34 as global drug ring dismantled - May 05, 2011
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- Juanes begins Spanish tour - Jul 18, 2011
- Business bankruptcies in Spain rise - Apr 10, 2012
- Over 500,000 seek Spanish citizenship - Apr 02, 2012
- Spanish cabinet minister faces corruption probe - Nov 29, 2011
- Spain to seek dialogue with Britain over Gibraltar - May 24, 2012
- Spain busts gang that ripped off drug dealers - May 11, 2012
- Thousands take part in bull-spearing fest in Spain - Sep 12, 2012
- Spanish journalist to be freed from Cuban prison - Jan 17, 2012