BMW to recall nearly 3,000 cars in ChinaJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:39 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 4 (IANS) Nearly 3,000 BMW cars will be recalled in China due to defects in their steering systems, China’s consumer quality watchdog said Wednesday.
A total of 2,712 3-Series vehicles and 114 X1 vehicles manufactured in China, as well as 49 imported 3-Series vehicles and 32 imported Z4 vehicles, will be recalled starting Aug 15, Xinhua reported citing the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine.
The vehicles will be recalled by BMW (China) Automotive Trading Ltd. and BMW Brilliance Automotive, a joint venture by the BMW Group and Chinese automaker Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd.
The companies will offer free replacements for the problematic components.
- BMW to recall over 5,000 cars in China - Aug 17, 2010
- BMW recalls 21,771 cars in China; Jaguar 30 - Oct 16, 2010
- Honda to recall over 760,000 cars in China - Aug 06, 2011
- Porsche to recall 20,000 vehicles in China - Feb 25, 2012
- HP recalls 78,740 laptop batteries - Jun 03, 2011
- China not to import Jeep Wrangler over safety issues - Apr 09, 2011
- Bird flu fears: China bans poultry from Netherlands - Apr 03, 2011
- 1,500 Jaguar cars to be recalled in China - May 21, 2011
- Subaru to recall 35,000 vehicles in China - Sep 26, 2011
- Honda recalls cars in China due to airbag defects - Jul 01, 2010
- Over 35,000 mouthwash products recalled in China - Jul 15, 2011
- China halts US oyster imports - Oct 01, 2011
- Chemical used in plastics found in Taiwan-made food - Jun 02, 2011
- China probes preserved fruit additives - Apr 26, 2012
- Toyota recalls 420,000 vehicles in the United States - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: bmw, bmw brilliance, bmw cars, bmw group, brilliance china automotive, brilliance china automotive holdings, brilliance china automotive holdings ltd, china beijing, chinese automaker, consumer quality, free replacements, general administration, joint venture, july 4, quality supervision, series vehicles, watchdog, xinhua