Blasts “planned meticulously and conducted expertly”: Karachi Police chiefNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:30 am ICT by admin
He said that it was an assassination bid on the former Prime Minister in which at least 138 were killed, including 20 police personnel and several others injured.
“It was a suicide attack targetting Benazir. Her truck could have been blasted completely, but the police security bore the brunt of the attack,” Farooqi told a foreign news agency.
However, Farooqi said as of now they were not in a position to name any terror organisation’s name behind this blast.
“I am not in a position to name any organisation. The investigations are under way,” he said.
“She was evacuated very safely and is now in Bilawal House,” the police chief added.
Meanwhile, Benazir has demanded the sacking of Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief Brigadier (retired) Ijaz Shah.
Pakistan People’s Party spokesman Senator Farhatullah Babar quoted her as saying this shortly after Thursday’s blasts. ANI)
- Benazir's mobile phones recovered from Bilawal House, Karachi - Feb 04, 2011
- Bilawal to take up 'some political responsibility' in September: Zardari - Apr 28, 2011
- Pak intelligence, top cops see "foreign hand" behind Lahore, Karachi suicide attacks - Jan 26, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Pak suspends officials blamed in UN's Bhutto assassination report - Apr 19, 2010
- No CCTV evidence in Karachi blast, says official - Nov 13, 2010
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to be new chief of Zardari tribe - May 27, 2011
- Perpetrators behind CID building, Shah Ghazi shrine attacks identified: Sources - Dec 05, 2010
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Pakistan does volte-face, says Surjeet Singh, not Sarabjit, to be released (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Seven killed in two suicide blasts at Karachi shrine (Roundup) - Oct 08, 2010
- PPP will honour Salmaan Taseer's memory by continuing his mission: Bilawal Bhutto - Jan 07, 2011
- Benazir killing: Malik in dark about Musharraf being named accused - Feb 08, 2011
- Shutdown in Karachi, shrine blasts toll reaches nine - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: assassination, babar, benazir, blasts, brigadier, brunt, foreign news, former prime minister, grenade, intelligence bureau, karachi, meticulously, news agency, party spokesman, police chief, police security, suicide attack, suicide bomber