Blasts highlight issue of illegal immigrants: AdvaniOctober 30th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 30 (IANS) Condemning the serial bomb blasts in Assam Thursday, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said the terror attack highlighted the need to take action against illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.“It (terror attack) again highlights the issue of Bangladeshi illegal immigrants in the country,” Advani told reporters.
criticising the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, he said the incident proved “the government’s soft stand on terror”.
The BJP has been criticising the government, saying it was not taking effective steps to stop illegal immigrants from Bangladesh “involved in operating (terrorist) sleeper cells in various parts of India”.
At least 45 people were killed and more than 100 injured in a string of explosions in Assam, including four in the heart of the state’s main city of Guwahati.
- Advani blames Bangladeshi immigrants for Assam violence - Jul 31, 2012
- Advani blames Bangladeshi immigrants for Assam violence (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Advani blames Bangladeshi immigrants for Assam violence (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Advani renews attack on PM, calls him indecisive - Oct 20, 2011
- Centre to blame for Assam violence: Advani - Aug 08, 2012
- BJP to focus on corruption, price rise at executive - Jan 08, 2011
- UPA record in corruption unbeatable: Advani - Feb 08, 2012
- Government keeping 782 tax evaders' names secret: Advani - Dec 14, 2011
- Terror attack failure of policy not intelligence: Advani - Jul 14, 2011
- Outages, blasts, Assam... no end to government's woes (Comment) - Aug 04, 2012
- One detained after bomb scare during Advani yatra - Oct 28, 2011
- Dismiss Assam government, says Rajnath Singh - Jul 27, 2012
- People disappointed with BJP too, says Advani - May 31, 2012
- BJP seeks details of land swap agreement with Bangladesh - Sep 10, 2011
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012