Blast rips through Nigerian church on ChristmasDecember 25th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
Abuja, Dec 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) An explosion ripped through a Catholic church during the Christmas service near Nigeria’s capital Sunday, causing deaths and injuries, officials said.
The blast hit St. Theresa Church in Madalla, a town in Niger state near the capital Abuja as worshippers gathered for Christmas Mass.
The cause of the explosion and the number of those injured and killed in the blast were not immediately known.
The emergency services said there were not enough ambulances to evacuate all those injured and killed in the incident.
- 25 killed in Nigeria church blast - Dec 26, 2011
- 11 killed in Nigeria church blasts during Christmas prayers (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Nigeria: Death toll in Jos church attack reaches 19 - Mar 13, 2012
- Several injured in Nigeria blast - Feb 20, 2012
- Four killed, 41 wounded in Nigeria church bombing - Jun 10, 2012
- Nigeria terror attack toll rises to 162 - Jan 22, 2012
- EU condemns Nigeria Christmas bombings - Dec 27, 2011
- Six killed in Nigeria church attack - Jan 06, 2012
- Eight killed as car hits pedestrians in Jakarta - Jan 22, 2012
- Five die as police chase suspect in Kazakhstan - Nov 12, 2011
- 19 injured in Afghan mosque blast - Aug 03, 2012
- Congo blast toll tops 240 - Mar 07, 2012
- Italy quake toll rises to 15 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- Russia bans ships similar to sunken Bulgaria riverboat - Jul 17, 2011
Tags: abuja, ambulances, blast rips, catholic church, christmas, christmas mass, christmas service, deaths, dec 25, emergency services, explosion ripped through, niger state, nigeria, ria novosti, rips through, st theresa church, vm, worshippers