Blair’s house sale to fetch him 270,000-pound profitOctober 2nd, 2009 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct. 2 (ANI): Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is set to make a 270,000-pound profit by selling his former house.
Tony and Cherie Blair bought Myrobella House in County Durham for 30,000 pounds in 1983 when he was elected an MP for the area.
The current price of the property is 10 times of what the Blairs paid for the four-bedroom house.
The property, visited by Blair once every five weeks, is being sold by Robinsons in Sedgefield.
“It is a beautiful big period property. We hope to generate a quick sale, we like to do our best for all our vendors,” Sky News quoted an estate agent, as saying.
The house was re-mortgaged for 297,000 dollar in 2004, when the couple bought their 3.6 million pound home in Connaught Square, central London.
In November 2003, Blair invited the US President George W Bush in this house to show how a British Prime Minister lived.
The modest home, at the end of a terraced row built for pitmen, was a stark contrast from Buckingham Palace, where the President and his wife Laura had stayed the night before.
French former Prime Minister Lionel Jospin was also a visitor to Sedgefield in 1998 and the Blairs’ youngest son, Leo, was baptised there two years later.
The house, named Myrobella, after a variety of plum, has five reception rooms, a double garage, large forecourt and a secluded garden and was serving as the headquarters of the Tony Blair Sports Foundation. (ANI)
- Blairs now buy house for daughter - Aug 28, 2010
- Tony Blair's wife flogs his autograph on eBay - Oct 26, 2010
- Blair's fortune set to treble to 45 million pounds - Feb 01, 2010
- Who wouldn't want Mauritius trip: Cherie Blair at poverty meet - Sep 24, 2010
- Cherie Blair sells Tony Blair's signature for a mere 10 Pounds on the auction site eBay - Oct 27, 2010
- Cherie Blair attends launch of Royal Mail stamps 'dedicated' to Subrata Roy - Apr 11, 2011
- Tony Blair wants it steamy! - Dec 06, 2009
- Tony Blair's personal data hacked - Jun 26, 2011
- Bush first bonded with Blair over comedy film, 'Meet the Parents' - Nov 10, 2010
- Tony Blair could earn a whopping 3.65m pounds as first President of Europe - Oct 05, 2009
- Cherie Blair wore pendant to 'ward off evil spirits, cope with life at No 10' - Jan 16, 2011
- Blair met Mittal over Kazakhstan deal: Report - Oct 30, 2011
- 'Cherie allowed to wear pendant to cope with number 10' - Jan 15, 2011
- Blair guards bought rocket launchers for Gaza trip - Dec 04, 2010
- Tony Blair 'loved to drink while travelling' - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: british prime minister, british prime minister tony blair, buckingham palace, cherie blair, connaught square, former british prime minister tony blair, former prime minister, lionel jospin, minister tony blair, period property, president george w bush, prime minister tony blair, reception rooms, secluded garden, sky news, son leo, sports foundation, tony and cherie blair, tony blair, wife laura