Blagojevich will be removed from office by Feb 12: Lt. GovernorDecember 29th, 2008 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 29 (ANI): Illinois Lieutenant Governor Pat Quinn has predicted that Governor Rod Blagojevich will be impeached and removed from office by February 12, 2009, the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincolns birth.
Pat Quinn also told CBS News that the Illinois state government is in turmoil over the scandal and the people are not getting the government they deserve.
The 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincolns birth is February 12 of next year, and I dont think Governor Blagojevich will be governor at that time. That bicentennial of Abraham Lincolns birth is very special to the people of Illinois, he said.
We believe in government of the people and by the people and for the people; it shall not perish from this earth. Thats what Lincoln said at Gettysburg. And I think–those words, I think, ring true today, Quinn told CBS News.
If Quinns prophecy is correct, he will replace Blagojevich and hold a special election to fill President-elect Obamas senate seat.
I think that a special election probably cant occur now until June of next year, Quinn said.
And I do think there should be a temporary appointment to make sure Illinois has two senators at all times. If I am the governor, I would certainly push that kind of a law.
And we”ll see what happens. The legislature has to adopt the law and then send it to the governor, he added. (ANI)
- I could beat Obama if he ran for Illinois Governor: GOP nominee - Jun 17, 2010
- Former Illinois Gov. Blagojevich sentenced to 14 years for corruption - Dec 08, 2011
- Former US governor sentenced to 14 years in prison - Dec 08, 2011
- Today is the Gettysburg address' 147th anniversary - Nov 19, 2010
- Illinois governor ousted in plot to sell Obama's seat (Lead) - Jan 30, 2009
- Ousted Illinois governor debuts as radio host - Mar 26, 2009
- Tainted Blagojevich stuns all by naming ex-Illinois AG to replace Obama in Senate - Dec 31, 2008
- Indian-American fundraiser under US scanner - Apr 13, 2011
- Blagojevich not surprised by 114-1 impeachment vote, vows to fight on - Jan 10, 2009
- Illinois Is On The Verge Of Ending The Practice Of Death Penalty - Jan 12, 2011
- Martin Sheen honoured for Hollywood career - Aug 22, 2011
- Former Illinois Governor Blagojevich found guilty of lying to FBI - Aug 18, 2010
- Illinois likely to end death penalty - Jan 12, 2011
- Blagojevich Auction Held, Lifesize Elvis Sold As Campaign Fund Stops Paying Storage - Aug 21, 2010
- Illinois moves to remove Governor Blagojevich - Dec 13, 2008
Tags: abraham lincolns, anniversary, bicentennial, cbs, cbs news, february 12, gettysburg, governor blagojevich, governor rod blagojevich, illinois lieutenant governor, illinois state government, lt governor, pat quinn, president elect, prophecy, rod blagojevich, scandal, senate seat, senators, turmoil