Blackburn Rovers’ Indian owner criticized for sacking coachDecember 19th, 2010 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec.19 (ANI): Anuradha Desai, the chairwoman of Venky’s, an Indian poultry empire, has been criticized for sacking Blackburn Rovers’ coach Sam Allardyce.
According to the Daily Mail, Desai’s criticism of Allardyce’s methods, transfer deals and the club’s mid-table league position have not gone down well with the club’s fans.
Desai had never watched a football match on television until her company bought Blackburn for 50-million pounds a little over three weeks ago.
She has not yet been to Ewood Park either, but this did not deter her from assuming she was perfectly qualified to pronounce on all matters related to the game and the club.
‘Things have been going wrong with transfers - to get nine out of 10 wrong is not good,’ she saidwith startling arrogance.
Desai went on to express dismay that Blackburn were not vying for fourth or fifth place.
According to the Daily Mail, Desai is clearly delusional if she thinks that a single word that drops from her mouth on the subject of football has any credibility whatsoever.
“I have never heard of such a stupid decision in all my life,’ said Sir Alex Ferguson after he discovered Allardyce had been sacked. (ANI)
- Venky's sack Blackburn Rovers' manager Sam Allardyce - Dec 15, 2010
- Indian poultry tycoon Desai shows door to Blackburn chairman - Feb 04, 2011
- Blackburn Rovers to continue with 'flop' manager Steve Kean - Mar 08, 2011
- Premier League clubs want me: Maradona - Jan 11, 2011
- Indian firm Venkys says it is set to acquire Blackburn Rovers - Oct 28, 2010
- West Ham United eyeing Allardyce as a replacement for manager Grant - Jan 10, 2011
- Indian company Venky's to buy Blakburn Rovers - Oct 26, 2010
- Blackburn's Indian owners left red-faced over Ronaldinho Twitter claim - Jan 03, 2011
- Blackburn's Indian owners say they bid for Ronaldinho - Jan 04, 2011
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011
- Indian presence in English Premier League doubles - May 23, 2011
- Shebby Singh appointed Blackburn's football director - Jun 19, 2012
- Venkys to sponsor Mumbai Fighters - Nov 11, 2011
- Ex-boss Souness says Blackburn's Indian owners are like cowboys - Dec 19, 2010
- Blackburn Rovers to play Pune FC in exhibition match - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: 50 million pounds, alex ferguson, anuradha, arrogance, chairwoman, coach london, coach sam, credibility, daily mail, desai, dismay, empire, football match, league position, mid table, poultry, single word, sir alex ferguson, stupid decision, venky