Blackburn out of danger zone in Premier LeagueMarch 12th, 2009 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 12 (DPA) Blackburn Rovers moved out of the relegation zone with a 2-1 win away to Fulham in the English Premier League.
Clint Dempsey gave Fulham an early lead, but El-Hadji Diouf levelled in the second half before Jason Roberts fired a late winner Wednesday for Blackburn. Blackburn climb to sixth bottom, with Portsmouth slipping into the drop zone. Fulham in 10th are themselves only six points above the drop zone.
Dempsey put Fulham ahead in the second minute, shrugging off Christopher Samba and slotting his finish past goalkeeper Paul Robinson.
Stephen Warnock hit the post for Blackburn 16 minutes in, and they found the equaliser with 20 minutes remaining, Diouf scoring from close range after Samba had headed Morten Gamst Pedersen’s long throw across goal.
And then, with five minutes remaining came the vital goal as Roberts capitalised on Pedersen’s pass to claim the winner.
- Chelsea fight back to stretch lead - Dec 29, 2009
- Wigan strikes late to draw with Chelsea - Dec 18, 2011
- QPR striker Mackie slams 'absolute disgrace' Diouf after foul-mouthed tirade - Jan 10, 2011
- Gardner strikes to down Newcastle - Mar 02, 2009
- Senegal football star Diouf cleared of racial abuse charge - Oct 23, 2009
- Manchester City top Premier League as Bolton takes emotional win - Mar 25, 2012
- Chelsea, Arsenal win, Tottenham lose to Wigan - Aug 28, 2010
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- Manchester United is Premier League title favourites: Ancelotti - Mar 22, 2010
- English club QPR sign Junior Hoilett - Jul 28, 2012
- Ashley Cole's 'mistress' linked to another married footballer - Feb 20, 2010
- Stoke City stun Tottenham in EPL, Sunderland stage dramatic win - Dec 12, 2011
- Top Premiere footie stars caught trying to score at nightclubs, bars - Sep 21, 2010
- Two-year jail term hangs over Blackburn striker El-Hadji Diouf - Mar 09, 2010
- Liverpool back on top; West Brom keep survival hopes alive - May 10, 2009
Tags: blackburn rovers, clint dempsey, close range, danger zone, drop zone, english premier league, equaliser, fulham, gamst pedersen, goalkeeper, hadji, jason roberts, london march, paul robinson, relegation zone, s pass, samba, six points, stephen warnock, vital goal