Bird flu in three more Vietnam provincesFebruary 20th, 2008 - 2:33 pm ICT by admin
Hanoi, Feb 20 (Xinhua) The outbreak of the bird flu in three more Vietnam provinces has raised the total number of affected regions in the country to seven, the local daily New Hanoi reported Wednesday. The new cases of bird flu among fowls were detected in Vietnam’s northern provinces, Tuyen Quang, Nam Dinh and Hai Duong, between Feb 16 and 18.
Around 2,500 fowls have died over the past few days in Ham Yen, Vu Ban and Thanh Mien districts of these provinces.
The seven provinces hit by bird flu are Thai Nguyen, Quang Ninh, Hai Duong, Nam Dinh, Tuyen Quang, Quang Binh and Long An.
The Department of Animal Health, under the country’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has urged the local administrations across the country to strengthen measures against bird flu.
It would also import more bird flu vaccines from China to vaccinate the poultry, the report said.
Millions of fowls were culled in the country since the outbreak of the disease in December 2003 in Vietnam.
- 27 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Vietnam holds meet on n-power - Mar 08, 2012
- 10 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam - Aug 19, 2012
- Archaeologists unearth 127-km long 'Great Wall' of Vietnam - Jan 27, 2011
- Tropical storm Ketsana kills 11 in Vietnam - Sep 29, 2009
- 48 dead in Vietnam flood - Oct 08, 2010
- 15 die as boat sinks in Vietnam - May 21, 2011
- Vietnam storm toll rises to 109 - Nov 06, 2009
- Tiger kills gardener at Vietnam zoo - Sep 11, 2009
- India to help Vietnam enhance, upgrade its armed forces - Oct 13, 2010
- Vietnam, Britain hold strategic dialogue - Jul 06, 2012
- 11 dead in Vietnam from hand-foot-mouth disease - Mar 15, 2012
- Vietnam testing avian flu vaccine - Feb 21, 2012
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- India, Vietnam plan joint army training - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: animal health, bird flu, bird flu vaccines, flu, hai duong, hanoi, local administrations, ministry of agriculture, nam dinh, northern provinces, outbreak, poultry, quang binh, quang nam, quang ninh, rural development, thai nguyen, thanh, tuyen quang, xinhua