‘Bin Laden death won’t stop war’: Ex Guantanamo Bay detainee HabibMay 2nd, 2011 - 12:18 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, May 2 (ANI): The death of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden will not end the war on terror and there is no evidence he masterminded the September 11 attacks, said former Guantanamo Bay detainee Mamdouh Habib.
“America is the war on terror, George Bush is the war on terror,” the Herald Sun quoted Habib, as saying.
“What, you think with Osama bin Laden dying, there won’t be war any more?” he added.
Habib further said there was no to prove Osama was a terrorist.
US President Barack Obama has announced today that Osama bin Laden has been killed by US forces in Pakistan.
“I can report to the American people and to the world, that the US has conducted an operation that killed Osama Bin Laden, he said at a hastily-organized news conference at the White House.
Osama’s death will not only be seen as a major blow to Al-Qaeda, but will also raise fears of reprisal attacks. (ANI)
- US Special Troops kill Osama Bin Laden in Attotabad - May 02, 2011
- No 9/11 accused has gone to the gallows - Sep 10, 2011
- Rumsfeld: Death of Bin Laden a victory in the fight against Islamist terrorism - May 04, 2011
- War against terror not over with bin Laden's death: Gillard - May 02, 2011
- Osama death: Al-Qaeda down but not out, says former Oz foreign minister - May 02, 2011
- Osama's Sudanese cook to walk free in 2012 after sentence reduced to two years - Feb 10, 2011
- Osama death: Zardari, Gilani, Pak security chiefs in emergency talks - May 02, 2011
- Al Qaeda determined to make 'new history': report - Apr 30, 2012
- Osama's death, Middle East uprisings a significant blow to Al-Qaeda: US officials - May 04, 2011
- Bin-Laden's death comes as "double blow" to already 'wounded' al-Qaeda: Experts - May 03, 2011
- Literature of terror: Books Osama spawned - May 02, 2011
- Osama's killing a setback to world terror groups: Islamabad - May 02, 2011
- Osama's killing a victorious milestone against terrorism: Krishna - May 02, 2011
- Al Qaeda chief wants '9/11' of his own - Sep 10, 2011
- Bush declines Obama's invitation to go to Ground Zero - May 04, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, barack obama, bin laden death, detainee, fears, george bush, guantanamo bay, herald sun, mamdouh habib, news conference, osama bin laden, pakistan, qaeda leader, reprisal, september 11 attacks, sydney, war on terror, white house