Bill Gates is the world’’s richest man againMarch 12th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 12 (ANI): Forbes magazine study has revealed that Microsoft Corporation co-founder Bill Gates has reclaimed the title of the richest man in the world, with a total net worth of 40 billion dollars.
According to Fox News, the magazine found 793 billionaires in 2009, which was down by 30 percent from a year earlier.
Apparently, this is the first decline since 2003.
The total net worth of people on the Forbes’’s list in 2009 fell by 46 percent to 2.4 trillion dollars. The average billionaire’’s worth is now at 3 billion dollars, 23 percent less than in 2008.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’’s Warren Buffett was second on the list with a net worth of 37 billion dollars. He lost 25 billion dollars in the past year as shares in his company dropped nearly a third in value.
Mexican telecom titan Carlos Slim Helu, who lost 25 billion dollars, is third, and Oracle Corporation Chief Executive Larry Ellison is on number four.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg L P, a financial software services company is at number seventeen. He is the only member of the top 20 whose net worth climbed during the past year.
The latest Forbes list has considered citizens of 52 countries and one principality. Americans hold 10 of the top 20 spots, compared with four last year.
Thirty-two Russians made Forbes” list, down nearly two-thirds from the 2008 total. (ANI)
- Five Indian Americans among Forbes 400 richest - Sep 20, 2012
- Mexico's Carlos Slim tops Forbes' richest list - Mar 08, 2012
- Two IITians among 400 richest Americans - Sep 22, 2011
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
- Fifty Indians on Forbes' global billionaire club - Mar 10, 2011
- Billionaires sign up to donate fortune (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- Four of Indian-origin among America's 400 super-rich - Sep 23, 2010
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani amongst Forbes top ten Billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- Mexican Carlos Slim tops world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Gates, Buffet in Indian capital with their 'Giving Pledge' - Mar 24, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Facebook founders pledge to give away wealth to charity - Dec 10, 2010
- India's rich keen to give back to society: Buffet, Gates - Mar 25, 2011
- China billionaire rich list grows to 49 more - Oct 29, 2010
- Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world's richest Indian - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: berkshire hathaway, berkshire hathaway inc, bill gates, billion dollars, carlos slim helu, corporation co, financial software, forbes list, forbes magazine, founder bill gates, fox news, larry ellison, mayor michael bloomberg, michael bloomberg, new york city mayor, number seventeen, oracle corporation, richest man in the world, software services company, warren buffett