Bill Clinton named as ‘PETA Person of the year’January 3rd, 2011 - 9:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has named former United States President Bill Clinton as its personality of 2010.
The former President gave up his junk eating habit and decided to pay more attention to his health. The former President was known for his high fat eating habits with his picture of a pork barbecue being one of the most famous. However it seems the Clinton has gotten a change of heart.
He claimed in 2010 that he wants to live long enough to see his grandchildren and that is what influenced his new eating style. His daughter, Chelsea got married last year and that is what inspired his new eating habits.
Bill Clinton revealed that, “I live on beans, legumes, vegetables and fruits. I drink a protein supplement every morning. No dairy.”
PETA in a statement praised Bill Clinton’s new lifestyle. The award statement said that, “Thanks to his new plant-based diet, he’s shed some pounds, decreased his risk of future heart problems, and spared the lives of many animals.”
When Clinton started his new eating habit, he managed to shed about 25 pounds in a relatively short time. He now looks healthier. Hope he continues on that course.
- Bill Clinton named PETA's 2010 Person of the Year - Dec 21, 2010
- Bill Clinton Named Person Of The Year By PETA - Jan 03, 2011
- Bill Clinton's crash diet 'weird and extreme', says dietitian - Sep 24, 2010
- Is Bill Clinton becoming a vegan? - Sep 22, 2010
- Bill Clinton Goes Vegan for Plant Based Weight Loss - Sep 23, 2010
- Bill Clinton Stars on 'Rachael Ray' Show - Sep 20, 2011
- Health food for heart patients, diabetics - Oct 16, 2011
- Dennis Quaid all set to play Bill Clinton in 'The Special Relationship' - May 13, 2010
- Shahid voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian man - Jul 01, 2011
- Kanye West angers PETA with song - Apr 07, 2012
- PETA hails Backstreet Boys for turning vegetarian - May 24, 2011
- Dennis Quaid piles on pounds for Bill Clinton role - May 17, 2010
- R Madhavan Is Sweeping The PETA Poll - Dec 09, 2010
- Bill Clinton book hails Obama anti-crisis measures - Nov 06, 2011
- Book reveals that Bill Clinton wept over Monica Lewinsky scandal - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: bill clinton, change of heart, daughter chelsea, diet, eating habit, eating habits, ethical treatment of animals, former president, grandchildren, heart problems, people for the ethical treatment of animals, person of the year, personality, pork barbecue, president bill clinton, protein supplement, short time, treatment of animals, united states president bill clinton, vegetables and fruits