Biden pays surprise visit to IraqNovember 30th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Nov 29 (IANS) US Vice President Joe Biden paid a surprise visit to Iraq Tuesday, the national al-Iraqiya TV channel reported.
An Iraqi foreign ministry official told Xinhua that Biden will meet Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Speaker Osama Najafi.
Both sides will discuss the withdrawal of US troops and the issue of immunity for American trainers who will stay on after the Dec 31 deadline, the official said.
- US vice president on surprise visit in Iraq - Jul 04, 2010
- US Vice President Biden in surprise visit to Iraq - Jan 23, 2010
- US committed to withdraw troops from Iraq by end of 2011: Biden - Jan 14, 2011
- Vice President Joe Biden Lands In Iraq To Commemorate End Of Combat Operations - Aug 31, 2010
- Biden asks Iraqi leaders to form own government - Jul 04, 2010
- US defence chief arrives in Iraq - Sep 01, 2010
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden arrives in Baghdad on surprise visit - Jul 03, 2010
- Biden arrives in Iraq to mark combat end - Aug 31, 2010
- Iraqi court ratifies parliamentary election results - Jun 01, 2010
- 835 await execution in Iraqi prisons - Dec 14, 2010
- U.S. Vice President Biden on surprise visit to Baghdad - Jan 23, 2010
- Main battle against terror ends: Iraqi PM - Aug 07, 2012
- Iraqi factions sign peace pact proposed by radical Shiite cleric - Dec 25, 2011
- Iraq's speaker criticises human rights violation - Jan 03, 2012
- U.S. Vice President Biden talks with Iraqi officials - Apr 08, 2010
Tags: al iraqiya tv, immunity, iraq baghdad, iraqi foreign ministry, iraqi president, jalal talabani, joe biden, ministry official, nuri al maliki, osama, president joe, prime minister, surprise visit, tv channel, us vice president, xinhua