Bhutto heads for Jinnah’s mausoleum and her upmarket Clifton residenceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:28 am ICT by admin
Bhutto is the second former Prime Minister to return to Pakistan during the incumbency of the Musharraf regime. Earlier, PML (N) leader Nawaz Sharif had arrived in Islamabad, only to be bundled back to Saudi Arabia. He has announced that he would make a second attempt to return after November 15.
Taking into consideration that there might be an assassination attempt by forces owing allegiance to al Qaeda and Taliban, Pakistan’s Interior Ministry ensured multi-layered security arrangements for the dignitary.
She plans to address a rally. After paying her obeisance to the father of the nation, Bhutto will proceed to Bilawal House, her home in Karachi’s upmarket Clifton area. She will stay in Karachi for three days. Then she will proceed to her hometown Larkana and to neighbouring Naudero to pray at her late father and former Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto grave site. Thereafter, she will leave for Islamabad for possible talks with President general Pervez Musharraf.
She is also scheduled to undertake a road trip to Lahore. (ANI)
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Dynastic politics a tragedy, says Pakistani daily - Apr 05, 2012
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Tearful Benazir thanks people of Pakistan - Nov 14, 2007
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Zardari returns to Pakistan from Dubai (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Bilawal's Facebook fans discuss India trip - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan launches website to promote history - Aug 15, 2011
- Two injured in Karachi blast near Chinese consulate (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, black mercedes, former prime minister, general pervez musharraf, grave site, incumbency, islamabad, karachi, layered security, musharraf regime, nawaz sharif, obeisance, owing allegiance, pakistan, proceeded, taking into consideration, zulfikar ali bhutto