‘Best job in the World’ campaign grabs One Show award in New YorkMay 7th, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 7 (ANI): The promotional campaign of Tourism Queensland’s ‘Best Job in the World’ has won the top prize at the One Show awards in New York.
The One Show awards are one of the global advertising industry’s most prestigious awards programs.
Created by CumminsNitro, the Best Job in the World campaign attracted more than 34,000 entries via the Internet and other media.
The integrated branding campaign asked for a 150,000 dollars job as caretaker on the Great Barrier Reef’s Hamilton Island, which finally landed into the hands of Briton Ben Southall, who will takeover his duties on July 1.
Tourism authorities have said that the campaign, which cost just over 1 million dollars, has so far generated around 150 million dollars in global publicity.
CumminsNitro executive producer digital Matt Farrugia said that the campaign launched in January had a dream run.
“It created a hurricane of attention,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
He added: “People were wanting to hear other people’s stories and they were rich and engaging and imaginative stories.”
The campaign spawned around 200,000 blogs and 43,000 news stories. (ANI)
- 'Best Job in the World' winner now off on 'Best Expedition in the World' - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Best Job in the World' campaign fails to lure foreigners - Nov 08, 2009
- 'Best job in the World' winner says he'll miss his mum - Jul 01, 2009
- British charity fundraiser bags 'dream job' - May 06, 2009
- 'Best Job in the World' winner to appear on Oprah Winfrey show - Oct 24, 2009
- UK finalist bags 'World's Best Job' - May 06, 2009
- 'Best Job in the World' winner becomes Tourism Queensland ambassador - Dec 15, 2009
- 'Best job in the World' winner's job to end on New Year's Eve - Dec 25, 2009
- 'Best Job in The World' winner has small mishap on first day - Jul 02, 2009
- Applied for the "Best Job in the World" yet? - Feb 17, 2009
- 'Best job in the World' in its final stage - May 04, 2009
- 75 percent of world's coral reefs under threat: report - Feb 24, 2011
- Taiwanese candidate hot favourite for 'best job in the world' - May 01, 2009
- Now, "Second Best Job in the World" that offers luxurious round-world shopping trip - Nov 11, 2009
- Best Job in the World winner settles in West End - Mar 21, 2010
Tags: 1 million dollars, awards programs, briton, caretaker, executive producer, farrugia, global advertising, global publicity, grabs, great barrier reef, hamilton island, imaginative stories, integrated branding, news com au, prestigious awards, southall, takeover, tourism authorities, tourism queensland, world campaign