Bernie Madoff may be barred from attending his son’s funeralDecember 13th, 2010 - 9:47 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was a very sad moment for Bernie Madoff to learn that his son Mark had died. However it would be even a more sadder moment for him, if he were denied from attending his son’s funeral. This may well be the case, because there are reports, which hint that he might be barred from attending the funeral of Mark Madoff.
It may be recalled that Mark Madoff was found dead in his apartment, which is located in Manhattan. He had committed suicide by hanging himself with the aid of a dog’s leash. Mark’s son – 2 years old Nicholas was unaware about it and was sleeping in the next room.
Bernie Madoff wants a chance to say goodbye to his son, and he wants to attend the funeral. However the Managing Director of Federal Prisons Consultants – Ed Bales, feels that it is a very risky proposition as he might get killed.
“I would question whether they’d grant him a furlough because of heightened publicity. He could be a target. He could be shot,” according to Ed Bales, who is the managing director of Federal Prisons Consultants. However there are sources, which suggest that in case Bernie is allowed to attend the funeral then he would be protected by federal marshals.
- Bernie Madoff Would Conduct Private Service For Dead Son - Dec 14, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Will Have Private Service for Son - Dec 15, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Might Be Barred From Attending Son's Funeral - Dec 13, 2010
- Incarcerated Madoff will not attend son's funeral, says lawyer - Dec 14, 2010
- Ponzi King Madoff's son found dead in New York apartment - Dec 12, 2010
- Robert de Niro to star as Bernie Madoff in a new movie - Nov 08, 2011
- Actor John Malkovich's legal drama continues - Apr 05, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Accomplice Sonja Kohn Outed - Dec 11, 2010
- Bernie Madoff: 'I feel safer in prison' - Oct 27, 2011
- Madoff talks about his secret $9 billion secret stash - Jun 22, 2010
- Bernard Madoff's son, Mark, found dead on second anniversary of father's arrest - Dec 11, 2010
- Ponzie King says 'F*** my victims, I carried them for 20 years, and now I'm doing 150.' - Jun 07, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Says His Victims "Deserved it" - Jun 08, 2010
- Bernie Madoff wins in a prison scuffle - Oct 14, 2009
- Son Of Martin Luther King Jr., The Deceased Civil Rights Activist, Is Contemplating Acquisition Of A Portion Of 'New York Mets' - Jan 31, 2011