Bernie Madoff: I”m a prisoner in my own houseJanuary 29th, 2009 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 29 (ANI): Fraudster Bernie Madoff, who is under house arrest for running a 50 billion dollars Ponzi scheme, is reportedly complaining that he’’s being made a prisoner in his own palatial penthouse.
Madoff, who effectively is under house arrest as part of his 10 million dollars bail, revealed on December 10, 2008 that the asset management arm of his firm was a giant Ponzi scheme–or “one big lie.
“I”m a prisoner in my own house! I can”t go anywhere! I”m stuck here all day!” The New York Post quoted him as saying.
In fact, the 70-year-old businessman is particularly miffed because “he can”t even go outside just to go to the corner, or get something to eat,” said the source.
The source added that apparently the disgraced financial maven is feeling sorry for himself while hanging out in his 7 million dollars pad.
On the other hand, thousands of his victims scramble to avoid bankruptcy, loss of their own homes or worse.
The ex- NASDAQ-chairmans moaning comes within two weeks after he dodged a bid by federal prosecutors to revoke his bail.
It was because he and his wife, Ruth, mailed their sons and others more than 1 million dollars worth of jewellery last month.
However, instead of locking him up pending trial, a judge merely tightened Madoff’’s bail restrictions.
Those restrictions already included round the clock monitoring by security guards of his residence at Park Avenue and East 64th Street. (ANI)
- Bernie Madoff's Boxers Anyone? - Nov 12, 2010
- Bernie Madoff's Spoils Auctioned For A Whopping $2 Million - Nov 15, 2010
- Madoff aide Bongiorno released on bail - Jan 08, 2011
- Bernie Madoff: 'I feel safer in prison' - Oct 27, 2011
- Jane Fonda wants to ''shake Bernie Madoff till his teeth fall out'' - Feb 06, 2009
- Incarcerated Madoff will not attend son's funeral, says lawyer - Dec 14, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Will Have Private Service for Son - Dec 15, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Accomplice Sonja Kohn Outed - Dec 11, 2010
- Ponzie King Madoff's possessions auctioned in New York - Nov 14, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Auction Fetches $2 Million - Nov 15, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Might Be Barred From Attending Son's Funeral - Dec 13, 2010
- Ponzi schemer Madoff's wife carrying out charity works in Florida - Jul 19, 2010
- Robert de Niro to star as Bernie Madoff in a new movie - Nov 08, 2011
- Bernie Madoff Says His Victims "Deserved it" - Jun 08, 2010
- Banks, hedge funds were somehow "complicit" in massive Ponzi scheme, says Madoff - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: 1 million dollars, 10 million, asset management, bernie madoff, big lie, billion dollars, businessman, federal prosecutors, fraudster, house arrest, jan 29, management arm, maven, nasdaq, new york post, park avenue, penthouse, ponzi scheme, security guards, wife ruth