Berlusconi back on trial as tax fraud court case resumesFebruary 28th, 2011 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 28 (ANI): Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi will be put on trial again as tax fraud court case resumes in Italy.
It is the first of four upcoming court cases that will train an intense spotlight on his private life and business practices, reports the Guardian.
However, the prime minister is not expected to be present at the resumption of the trial in which he is accused of tax fraud.
Among his fellow defendants, who also include several executives of his Mediaset television group, is the British lawyer David Mills, estranged husband of the former Labour minister Tessa Jowell.
The trial, and another in which Berlusconi is a defendant, was suspended in 2010 because of a law passed by the government providing the prime minister and others with immunity from prosecution while in office.
In the second trial, which is due to resume on 11 March, he is accused of paying Mills a 373,000 pounds bribe to withhold testimony.
Earlier this month, the prime minister was sent for trial in a fourth case involving his alleged payment of an underage sex worker and claims that he tried to cover up what he had done by abusing his position. (ANI)
- Italian prime minister cleared in tax evasion case - Oct 18, 2011
- Berlusconi appears in court for fraud, embezzlement case - Mar 28, 2011
- Italian court waters down Berlusconi immunity law - Jan 14, 2011
- Italian PM's sex trial adjourned - Apr 06, 2011
- Berlusconi skips tax fraud hearing - Sep 27, 2011
- Italy's apex court overturns law on Berlusconi immunity - Jan 14, 2011
- Berlusconi bribery trial ends - Feb 26, 2012
- Berlusconi faces witness manipulating charges - Apr 20, 2012
- Berlusconi plots trips 'to stall his trials' - Nov 08, 2009
- Judge dismisses Berlusconi tax-evasion case - Jun 28, 2012
- Berlusconi, son face tax-evasion probe - Oct 16, 2010
- Berlusconi vows to sue state over sex allegations - Feb 10, 2011
- Berlusconi claims he no longer has a cellphone - Mar 01, 2011
- David Mills escapes jail term over Berlusconi bribe - Feb 26, 2010
- British lawyer's conviction overturned by Italian court - Feb 26, 2010
Tags: british lawyer, court case, court cases, defendant, fellow defendants, immunity from prosecution, italian prime minister, labour minister, lawyer david, london feb, prime minister silvio, prime minister silvio berlusconi, private life, resumption, sex worker, silvio berlusconi, tax fraud, television group, tessa jowell, underage sex