Bentley and publishers Hodder and Stoughten come out with 1500 dollar limited 007 bookApril 27th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Apr.27 (ANI): British luxury car marque Bentley has teamed up with publishers Hodder and Stoughton to produce a special limited edition version of the new 007 novel, Carte Blanche, written by Jeffery Deaver and available in bookstores from May 26th.
According to The Age, Bentley’s edition of the book is bound in white nappa leather with the words printed on ivory paper, and it’s concealed in a polished-aluminium case shaped in the form of the company’s Continental GT coupe - used by Britain’s famous secret agent in Carte Blanche.
A 9mm bullet, embossed with the book’s limited-edition number, is embedded in the pages as an extra, novel feature.
Bentley will be hoping the new, 24×16cm book can help revive its association with Bond in the minds of the public.
James Bond drove a number of Bentleys in the original ’50s and ’60s 007 books written by Ian Fleming, though rival British brand Aston Martin has become more synonymous with 007 in recent years.
The Carte Blanche Special Edition book can be ordered now online at www.007carteblanchebentley.com.
However, it is not expected to be delivered before July 20th.
More than 100 million James Bond books have been sold since Fleming wrote Casino Royale in 1953. (ANI)
- Bentley designs James Bond book 'Carte Blanche' for $1,650 - May 02, 2011
- James Bond, Sherlock Holmes to be resurrected in new novels - Jan 18, 2011
- American writer Jeffery Deaver to pen next James Bond novel - May 28, 2010
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Amitav Ghosh's 'River of Smoke' new bestseller (IANS Books) - Jun 23, 2011
- Ava Gardner's sex pact with Brit war hero who inspired James Bond - Apr 14, 2011
- Graham Greene, W. Somerset Maugham were MI6 wartime spies, book reveals - Sep 22, 2010
- John Le Carre is no fan of "international gangster" James Bond - Aug 24, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- James McAvoy tipped to play Bond creator Ian Fleming in biopic - Dec 31, 2009
- James Bond 'based on real life MI6 special agent' - Sep 22, 2010
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- MI6's WWII mission inspired opening sequence of Goldfinger - Apr 18, 2010
- Diane Von Furstenberg to create Evian bottle - Jul 24, 2012
- James Mcavoy Likely To Portray Bond Creator Ian Fleming In Upcoming Biopic - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: 100 million, aluminium case, aston martin, bentley, bentleys, bookstores, car marque, carte blanche, casino royale, gt coupe, hodder and stoughton, ian fleming, ivory paper, james bond books, jeffery deaver, limited edition, luxury car, nappa leather, novel feature, polished aluminium