Benazir’s PPP yet to decide on joining interim govtNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
Earlier, the PPP had reportedly proposed at least two people, including former judge Mukhtar Junejo, for the interim set up.
Meanwhile, Benazir has said that commenting on the possibility of alliance with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) would be is “premature”
“The question about electoral adjustments with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement is premature,” she said in response to a question at a press conference at Bilawal House.
On the PPP’s relationship with President General Pervez Musharraf, she said it depended on the judgment of the Supreme Court about his candidature and powers he enjoys under Article 58 (2b) of the Constitution.
She emphasised the need for the establishment of the Election Commission in line with constitutional requirements.
Benazir said that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz chief Nawaz Sharif talked to her on telephone after the Karachi bombings during her homecoming rally on October 18.
Sharif condemned the attack, condoled the deaths and expressed sympathy with me, Benazir said, adding, “He is a political leader and we believe in the political process.” (ANI)
- PPP, MQM, ANP criticise Pak Punjab CM over Sindh proposal - Apr 25, 2011
- PML-N, MQM form alliance against Pakistan government - Jul 06, 2011
- Nawaz accuses Muttahida Qaumi Movement of killings in Karachi - Dec 27, 2010
- PML-N, MQM tear each other apart with no-holds barred remarks - Dec 30, 2010
- Case registered in Pakistani activist's murder - Mar 28, 2012
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- A first for Pakistan: Gilani indicted for contempt (Evening Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistan reverses fuel price hike - Jan 07, 2011
- Never said Karachi be made a province: Pak Punjab CM - Apr 25, 2011
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- PML-N sees end of PPP-led Pak Govt - Jan 03, 2011
- "Patriotic" Pak Army needs no invitation for intervening in politics: PML-F - Sep 17, 2010
- Musharraf blames Nawaz Sharif for bloodbath in Karachi - Jan 17, 2011
- Karachi is calm after violence (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Zardari orders Sindh CM to address all reservations shown by MQM - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: benazir, bombings, constitutional requirements, election commission, general pervez musharraf, homecoming rally, interim, karachi, mqm, mukhtar, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, political leader, ppp, president general