Benazir’s homecoming minting money for peopleNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
The PPP has reportedly booked hundreds of painters, cloth traders, printing machine agents, advertisers and billboard agents in this regard.
Cloth sales in the colours of the PPP flag - red, black and green - have shot through the roof. “All my stock in these three colours is finished,” a merchant of the Jama Cloth Market said.
Abdul Sattar, who owns a small painting company, is completely booked till October 18.
“I received an order from a PPP ex-parliamentarian to write welcome slogans on every wall on Shahra-e-Faisal,” he said.
Sattar confirmed that most of the painters in the city had raised their rates and the sales of paint had increased.
Aside from these cottage industries, transporters are also relieved that Bhutto is arriving, as hundreds of vehicles have been booked to ferry PPP workers to Karachi.
“I cannot say what the exact number of vehicles is. Not even calculators would be able to count the total number of vehicles and people,” said Syed Qaim Ali Shah, president of PPP Sindh.
He said PPP workers would come from all 23 districts of Sindh.
“Just imagine … Bhutto’s impending arrival has already brought so many job opportunities. How many more will come when she actually arrives?” the Daily Times quoted a PPP leader, as saying. (ANI)
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's birth anniversary programmes cancelled - Jan 05, 2011
- 'Zia's remnants trying to malign Zardari, children by using Benazir banner': PPP - Nov 24, 2010
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Indian peace delegation meets Sindh Chief Minister in Karachi - Mar 19, 2011
- Judge ensures cleanup of Pakistan airport - Mar 21, 2012
- Benazir's assassins behind Karachi target killings: PPP - Oct 20, 2010
- Pak Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's aide arrested in Karachi - Feb 23, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto assassination plot not hatched at any Brigadier house: Malik - Dec 31, 2010
- Thousands come, drawn to Ramdev more than his cause - Jun 03, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Sindh Assembly wants Pak Govt to recommend Bhatti's name for Nobel Prize - Mar 15, 2011
- Two killed in Karachi during PPP strike - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: abdul sattar, ali shah, benazir, bhutto, billboard, buntings, cloth market, even calculators, exact number, faisal, impending arrival, jama, painters, painting company, parliamentarian, ppp, printing machine, qaim ali, sindh, three colours