Benazir will not be arrested on arrival in Karachi: Pak DAGNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:57 am ICT by admin
Bhutto’s counsel Senator Farooq H Naek did not press the pre-arrest bail petition, which the court subsequently dismissed as in fructuous, the Daily Times reported.
The application was made in the SGS Cotecna case (commonly known as the Pre-shipment Inspection Commission case), the ARY Gold case and the Mis-declaration of Assets case against the PPP leader.
Meanwhile, State Information Minister Senator Tariq Azim has denied the impression that all cases against PPP chief Bhutto have been withdrawn after the promulgation of the NRO, the ARY television reported.
Azim told the channel that some cases against Bhutto were still pending in Pakistan, Spain and Switzerland.
He said the NRO was not PPP-specific, as other parties would also benefit from it. (ANI)
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- Pakistan parliament passes resolution supporting Gilani (Night Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistan's judiciary free, independent, says minister - Aug 01, 2011
- First for Pakistan, PM indicted for contempt (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Can't write letter against Zardari: Gilani's counsel to court - Mar 21, 2012
- A first: Pakistani PM indicted for contempt (Fourth Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Gilani indicted for contempt (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Details on Zardari's illegal assets to be submitted in Pak SC - Dec 13, 2009
- Pakistan's apex court issues Gilani contempt notice (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Third Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Pak NAB hasn't contacted Swiss Govt. on Zardari's case - Dec 21, 2009
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- A first for Pakistan: Gilani indicted for contempt (Evening Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: ary gold, ary television, azim, benazir, bhutto, cotecna, deputy prosecutor, farooq, gold case, information minister, nab, nabi, national reconciliation, nro, ppp, promulgation, prosecutor general, sherwinspection commission, state information