Benazir wants restructuring of ISINovember 14th, 2007 - 2:55 am ICT by admin
The Intelligence Bureau (IB) head should be a serving police officer instead of a retired serviceman, Bhutto added.
She told reporters at Bilawal House that it was the responsibility of the government to discourage elements who were using their powers for vested interests and for promoting extremism.
Bhutto said that she would engage in a dialogue with other opposition parties and democratic forces to build pressure on the government to hold free and fair elections under a neutral caretaker government.
She said that a small group in the PML-Q wanted to contest the election on the shoulders of the army and rig the polls, and added that the people would not allow rigging.
Bhutto said that she wanted reconciliation on the basis of principles and declared that she would not accept any dictation of extremist elements for reconciliation.
“We are struggling for complete restoration of the Constitution, independence of judiciary and supremacy of the Parliament and want reconciliation on these points, The News quoted Bhutto, as saying.
She said that some ministers in the government were encouraging extremist groups and pointed out that the statement of Sheikh Rashid was in support of the fundamentalists. (ANI)
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- No clash if institutions stick to statute, says Gilani - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- Political wings of ISI, IB controlling political parties in Pak : PML-Q - Aug 26, 2009
- Meeting between Zardari, Nawaz expected soon: Raja Riaz - Nov 25, 2010
- Shujaat meets Imran in quest of common ground in Pak Politics - Dec 26, 2010
- Al-Qaeda gave millions to ISI to bribe politicians, claims former FIA chief - Aug 28, 2009
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- PML-Q won't blackmail beleaguered PPP-led Pak coalition govt: Shujaat - Jan 04, 2011
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- India concerned at Pakistan coup buzz, but looks at big picture - Nov 20, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: benazir, bhutto, caretaker government, democratic forces, dictation, extremism, extremist elements, extremist groups, fundamentalists, intelligence bureau, isi, judiciary, opposition parties, pml, reconciliation, rigging, she wanted, sheikh rashid