Benazir visits native home after eight yearsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:56 am ICT by admin
PPP workers and local people gathered in large numbers to accord her a rousing welcome after eight years.
A large number of women chanted slogans in support of Bhutto.
Bhutto also offered prayers at graves of her two brothers Murtaza Bhutto and Shahnawaz Bhutto.
She recited Quran and offered Fateha before laying floral wreaths at the three graves.
There were reports that Benazir will address a gathering, but due to security reasons, this was avoided.
Bhutto said that she was repeatedly being told that her life was in danger, but these words couldn’t make her stay away from the people. She said she was not scared of death.
Bhutto reached Naudero after offering Fateha at her father’s grave, The News reported.
People were present in large numbers at the Naudero house of the Bhuttos.
Bhutto will stay at her native residence a day and may address a press conference before returning to Karachi. (ANI)
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Poetry was way of making sense of the madness: Fatima Bhutto (Interview) - Sep 09, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Zardari tried to bribe my father: Fatima Bhutto - Apr 04, 2010
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan observes 63rd death anniversary of Mohammad Ali Jinnah - Sep 12, 2011
- Pakistani establishment had hand in father's, uncle's killing: Fatima Bhutto - Apr 04, 2010
- Pakistan has nearly 100,000 HIV/AIDS patients - Dec 03, 2011
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Pakistan governance has been a failure: Fatima Bhutto - Sep 30, 2011
- My blood froze when Zardari became president: Fatima Bhutto - Apr 03, 2010
- Hundreds gather for Benazir Bhutto's death anniversary - Dec 26, 2008
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's 30th death anniversary observed - Apr 04, 2009
Tags: being told that, benazir, bhutto, bulletproof car, chanted slogans, floral wreaths, karachi, large numbers, ppp, prayers, press conference, quran, repeatedly, rousing welcome, security reasons, sukkur