Benazir visits Jinnah’s mausoleumNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:40 am ICT by admin
Calling on terrorists to surrender their arms, the chairperson of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), said that her party is keen to restore the peoples’ rights.
According to The News, she described herself as “the sister of poor masses of the country”.
She also paid tribute to the 140 persons who were killed in last Thursday’s suicide bomb blasts in Karachi and called for the assistance of foreign experts in the investigations.
Meanwhile, a preliminary report of the Karachi blasts compiled by the sensitive agencies was presented to President Musharraf on Monday, sources said.
President Musharraf had directed the concerned agencies to submit the report of Karachi carnage within 48 hours.
The Initial report prepared by seven agencies suggests that the attacker had targeted Benazir Bhutto, but she survived because of the armored carrier. The report said one of the blasts was a suicide attack and there were no evidences about other attack.
The report suggests that the suicide attacker has probably firstly hurled a hand grenade and than blew up himself. Benazir Bhutto went for rest in the internal portion of the bulletproof truck; therefore, she was survived in the attack. Some arrests have been made in this connection.
According to the report the attack seemed to be a continuation of Charsadda and Army Mess blasts. (ANI)
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Musharraf warrant valid till compliance: Pakistan to Interpol - May 21, 2012
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Musharraf is now an accused in Benazir killing - Feb 07, 2011
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Musharraf included in Benazir murder investigation - Nov 23, 2010
- Pak arrests TTP mastermind behind Benazir's 2007 Karachi rally bomb blast - Jun 21, 2010
- Pakistan observes 63rd death anniversary of Mohammad Ali Jinnah - Sep 12, 2011
- Malik should've told Benazir not to look out, says top cop - Dec 30, 2010
- India to reopen consulate in Karachi - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: attacker, benazir bhutto, bomb blasts, bulletproof, evidences, foreign experts, founding father, hand grenade, initial report, internal portion, jinnah, karachi, mausoleum, pakistan, poor masses, preliminary report, president musharraf, suicide attack, suicide bomb