Benazir urges terrorists to surrender armsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:41 am ICT by admin
On Monday, Bhutto visited the mausoleum of Pakistan’s Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Jinnah and offered prayers. She had earlier planned to visit the mausoleum on October 18 just after landing here ending her eight years of self- exile; but had to cut short after the suicide attack on her procession.
“When Pakistan was formed, people sacrificed their lives, as they did in the attempt on my life last week,” said Bhutto, who was wearing a white headscarf and a black tunic.
Later in the day, she expressed her disappointment over the probe being conducted into the blasts and reiterated her demand of international assistance in the probe, which has already been rejected by the Government. nterior Minister Aftab Sherpao said that the officials conducting the probe are qualified enough to bring the investigations to its logical conclusion, as in the past they had successfully conducted investigation in the assassination attempts on Presidents and Prime Ministers.
“Our own law enforcement agency personnel are capable of investigating the incident,” Sherpao said.
Meanwhile, police today confirmed that there were two suicide bombers who had carried out the attack on Thursday night. (ANI)
- Pakistan observes 63rd death anniversary of Mohammad Ali Jinnah - Sep 12, 2011
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Jinnah's vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ Khan - Dec 26, 2010
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
- Jihad against India only solution to Kashmir issue: Nazria Pakistan Trust - Mar 23, 2011
- Zardari omits critical US drone attack issue from presidential address - Mar 23, 2011
- Sindh Assembly wants Pak Govt to recommend Bhatti's name for Nobel Prize - Mar 15, 2011
- Pak National Assembly wants APC on 'sovereignty infringing' drone attacks in country - Dec 29, 2010
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- Pak must be made 'Islamic welfare democratic State' as envisaged by Jinnah: Nizami - Feb 11, 2011
- Pak Govt to protect minorities at all costs: Zardari - Jan 21, 2011
- Jinnah's 62nd death anniversary observed in Pakistan - Sep 11, 2010
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: aftab, assassination attempts, benazir, bhutto, geo news, headscarf, international assistance, jinnah, kill the innocent, logical conclusion, mausoleum, news reported that, pakistan, presidents and prime ministers, quaid e azam, suicide attack, suicide bombers, surrender arms, terrorist activities, terrorists