Benazir undeterred by death threats: PPPNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:46 am ICT by admin
She further said that Bhutto had sought an uninterrupted democratic process through free and fair elections, and a peaceful transition to representative civilian rule in Pakistan.
Responding to a query on the Karachi blasts, Rehman said the party had received no satisfactory answers so far in this regard, but was seeking a thorough probe with modern forensic and investigative expertise to ensure that all methods used were in compliance with international laws.
“Party welcomes the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) statement stressing the need to bring all perpetrators, financiers and sponsors of international terrorism to book,” the Daily Times quoted her, as saying.
She criticised those who blamed the PPP for the events of October 18, saying they were validating terrorism, and such elements actually fear that a return to democracy might expose their non-representative credentials.
“The PPP has also welcomed the US-based National Democratic Institute’s (NDI) report which seeks the strengthening of political parties, free and fair elections and the removal of intelligence agencies from the manipulation of the electoral process,” added Rehman. (ANI)
- Now, fatwas demanding death for Sherry Rehman over Blasphemy Law softening stance - Jan 09, 2011
- China, Russia support India's UNSC 'aspirations' (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Rehman Malik had significant role in Bhutto's security management: Report - Apr 19, 2010
- Pakistan elections to be held in 2013: Gilani - Nov 25, 2011
- Pak blasphemy law reform advocate Sherry Rehman says being scared "no longer works" - Mar 29, 2011
- Pakistani leaders harp on US apology for NATO air strike (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- President Patil lauds Mauritius for its support to India over UNSC seat - Apr 26, 2011
- India to push for global counter-terrorism convention at UN - Sep 17, 2011
- UN report on Benazir Bhutto assassination "incomplete, unclear": Zardari - Dec 28, 2010
- Pakistan taps Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Mar 01, 2012
- Pakistani PM vows supremacy of parliament - Jun 23, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani parliamentarians push for easing visa regime - Aug 19, 2011
- Pakistan wants 'appropriate' apology from US, says envoy - Jun 19, 2012
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: acts of terrorism, benazir, bhutto, civilian rule, death threats, elections, information secretary, international terrorism, investigative expertise, national democratic institute, ndi, neighbouring countries, peaceful transition, ppp, rehman, representative, satisfactory answers, united nations security, united nations security council, unsc