Benazir to interact with 75 envoys on November 10November 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
US Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W. Patterson and her British counterpart Robert Brinkley will meet Benazir separately, an indication of the clout enjoyed by both countries in Pakistan.
Benazir is likely to take the foreign diplomats into confidence about her recent moves that otherwise would have met with a hostile reaction from the media, political circles and public.
Diplomats are said to confused by the prevailing situation in Pakistan, The News quoted sources, as saying.
“The diplomats would be interested in knowing how could she succeed in a country where a uniformed general failed to deliver on the war on terror and what magic formula she would unveil that might ensure peace in the troubled areas of Pakistan,” the daily quoted the sources, as saying.
PPP Senator Enwer Baig has arranged this mega diplomatic event.
Baig said Benazir would apprise the ambassadors about her plan to fight the ‘war on terror’ and would discuss various other issues pertaining to Pakistan. (ANI)
- Pak ministers asked not to meet foreign envoys on their own - Oct 24, 2009
- Zardari, Kayani systematically worked for Musharraf's 'honourable exit': Wikileaks - Dec 08, 2010
- WikiLeaks: Zardari, Kayani worked for Musharraf's 'honourable exit' - Dec 08, 2010
- Zardari told US "we are here because of you" after winning elections - Dec 08, 2010
- Zardari said Mehsud not behind Benazir's killing: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- No structured Manmohan-Gilani meeting: Pakistan envoy - Mar 25, 2012
- 'Brinkley, Miliband pressed Zardari to send ISI chief to India following 26/11': Cable - Dec 02, 2010
- 'PML-N a "pro-American" party', Nawaz, Nisar told US envoy: WikiLeaks - Dec 01, 2010
- Munter urges Bashir to certify diplomatic status of Davis to end US-Pak standoff - Feb 15, 2011
- Cameron Hume likely to replace Patterson as US ambassador to Pakistan - Feb 22, 2010
- Patterson refutes Musharraf's allegations over Shujaat's role in NRO deal - Oct 09, 2010
- Zardari promised Kayani he would grant pardon, immunity to Musharraf: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- After 26/11, Zardari told US Pakistan will retaliate if India attacks - Dec 01, 2010
- '50 million dollar US aid for Swat lying useless in Islamabad' - Mar 30, 2009
- "ANP chief declined Kayani's offer to replace Zardari owing to lack of support" - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: ambassador, ambassadors, apprise, benazir, british counterpart, clout, diplomats, fight the war, hostile reaction, magic formula, pertaining, political circles, ppp, robert brinkley, shaukat aziz, situation in pakistan, troubled areas, unveil, war on terror