Benazir to go back to Dubai in a week, claim Pakistan sourcesNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:30 am ICT by admin
Musharraf had asked Bhutto to delay her return plan till the Supreme Court verdict on his presidential election, sources said.
Bhutto, however, requested the Presidency to provide her with a face saving scenario by ‘honouring’ the commitment she had made with the people vis–vis her arrival on October 18, sources claimed.
Sources said that a top intelligence official held a meeting with Bhutto in Dubai soon after Eid to discuss her return plan.
Bhutto is believed to have assured that she would be going back soon and that there are ample excuses to go back for the time being.
For example, Bhutto might say that her spouse Asif Ali Zardari is not feeling well hence she would have to rush back to inquire about his well being. This way Zardari might not be recovering till the time the Presidency gives the nod for her return.
Likewise, she might say that she is missing her children and wanted to see them in UAE, as they cannot come to Pakistan because they have to attend to their schools.
Interestingly, her spouse Asif Ali Zardari made a similar excuse when he left Pakistan soon after release from eight-years in jail, sources said.
He had then said that he wanted to see his children in Dubai, and later went to the US, apparently for medical treatment.
Since that time, he has been shuttling between UAE and USA, besides his recent visit to the UK where his son has been enrolled in Oxford University, The News reported. (ANI)
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Ailing Zardari rushes to Dubai, refutes resignation rumour - Dec 07, 2011
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Zardari's return may be cameo appearance, says NYT - Dec 20, 2011
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
- Pakistan's judiciary free, independent, says minister - Aug 01, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Ahead of Zardari visit, Ajmer's khadims remember Benazir - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari will remain in Pakistan: Official - Dec 21, 2011
- Zardari's health improving: Gilani - Dec 11, 2011
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Zardari's return ends all rumours: minister - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: apparently, asif ali zardari, benazir, bhutto, conducive, dubai, election sources, face saving, intelligence official, likewise, medical treatment, oxford university, pakistan, poor health, presidency, president pervez musharraf, shuttling, supreme court verdict, uae, vis vis