Benazir to be given protocol of President, PM: Sindh GovernmentNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:25 am ICT by admin
A four-hour long meeting was held at the office of the Sindh Home Department Secretary, Brigadier (retired) Ghulam Muhammad Mohatarem, to discuss the security arrangements for Bhutto’s return on October 18.
Sources said, Home Department officials briefed the PPP delegation about the Sindh Government’s security plan for Bhutto’s arrival.
They said no flag, billboard or banner will be displaced or removed and the rally would be allowed to move freely.
“They assured us that they would make security arrangements for Benazir Bhutto like those for the President and Prime Minister of the country, and foolproof security arrangements would be made for her safe arrival,” the Daily Times quoted Qaim Ali Shah, as saying.
He said that the PPP delegation informed to the Home Department that the party itself had also taken some steps for the security of its leader. (ANI)
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's birth anniversary programmes cancelled - Jan 05, 2011
- Indian peace delegation meets Sindh Chief Minister in Karachi - Mar 19, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Benazir's assassins behind Karachi target killings: PPP - Oct 20, 2010
- Cop accused of 'intentionally' decreasing Benazir's security during assassination rally - Jan 14, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto assassination plot not hatched at any Brigadier house: Malik - Dec 31, 2010
- Zardari to transfer powers to PM after constitutional draft is finalized: PPP - Jan 10, 2010
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- PPP to file murder case against Musharraf for Bhutto's assassination - Apr 29, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Pak judge hearing 26/11, Benazir murder case complains against his security withdrawal - Mar 27, 2011
- Rehman Malik had significant role in Bhutto's security management: Report - Apr 19, 2010
- PPP not scared by Musharraf's 'last bullet in pistol': General Secretary - May 10, 2010
Tags: ali shah, benazir bhutto, billboard, brigadier, delegation, department officials, department secretary, different sectors, foolproof security, ghulam muhammad, level police, police officer, ppp, president, qaim ali, security arrangements, security plan, sindh government, ssp