Benazir says attackers of Thursday’s blasts were ‘cowards’November 14th, 2007 - 2:38 am ICT by admin
“They don’t want peace, education, employment and progress. They want our people to remain illiterate, backward and unemployed,” the Daily Times quoted her, as saying.
Benazir went on to say that her party’s ideology would counter the ideology of terrorism, violence and torture.
“We don’t have weapons in our hands but we are armed with an ideology,” said Benazir while addressing women who lost their loved ones after suicide bombers attacked her homecoming rally.
She also gave away compensation of 100, 000 rupees to 15 families that lost their relatives in the blasts.
“We shall live together. We shall die together. And we shall succeed together,” she told mourners.
Benazir also visited bomb blast victims who were admitted at Jinnah Hospital. She was flanked by security guards carrying automatic weapons, in her first public outing since Thursday’s blasts, the daily reported.
At the hospital she handed over 5,000 rupees to the injured and expressed her gratitude to staff members who were treating them. (ANI)
- UN report on Benazir Bhutto assassination "incomplete, unclear": Zardari - Dec 28, 2010
- Will battle terror together: Zardari - Feb 17, 2012
- Five injured in blast at Congress office; 8 BSF men killed (Intro Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- Four injured in blast at Congress office; four BSF men killed (Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- Bomb blasts at World Cup viewing parties in Uganda kill 64, injure 71 - Jul 12, 2010
- Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Gomez thanks fans for support - Dec 28, 2011
- Bilawal strikes a chord with open body language - Apr 08, 2012
- The forgotten hero who drove bleeding Bhutto to hospital - Apr 25, 2010
- Twitteratti come to Mumbai blast victims' aid - Jul 14, 2011
- Reaching out to the Delhi blast victims' families - Sep 08, 2011
- Benazir's mobile phones recovered from Bilawal House, Karachi - Feb 04, 2011
- UN peacekeeper killed in armed attack at IDP camp in South Darfur - Aug 13, 2012
- 'Compensation can't bring my mother back' - Sep 08, 2011
- Suicide bombings kill more than 30 at mosque in southeast Iran - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: assassination, attackers, automatic weapons, benazir, blasts, bomb blast, broad daylight, cowards, education employment, homecoming rally, illiterate, jinnah hospital, live together, peace education, public outing, rupees, security guards, staff members, suicide bombers, thursday night