Benazir may not actively participate in street protests against MusharrafNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
Sethi also said that behind the scenes she would work with the government for holding general elections as soon as possible.
The emergency provisions and the October 18 suicide attack on her homecoming procession is expected to deter her from actively participating in the street protests.
Bhutto’s party, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) is expected to announce its strategy on Monday.
Though she will be very critical of the Musharraf regime, her sympathisers, who came back to Pakistan with the backing of the US and the specific mandate of bringing a democratic face to Pakistan, said her options for influencing the situation were limited. (ANI)
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- PPP to observe Benazir's 58th birthday Tuesday - Jun 20, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Benazir' assassination probe report will be made public: Gilani - Dec 27, 2010
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani not committed to unearthing Benazir's murderers: ex political secretary - Nov 29, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto's aide's clarion call to PPP government to arrest her assassins - Nov 11, 2010
- Zardari said Mehsud not behind Benazir's killing: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Is the Pakistani Army getting ready to take over? (Part I) - Jan 07, 2011
- Will bring Benazir killers to justice: Nawaz Sharif - Dec 11, 2011
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
Tags: actively, behind the scenes, benazir, bhutto, emergency provisions, general elections, homecoming, mandate, musharraf regime, new york times, pakistan peoples party, ppp, procession, representation, sethi, street protests, suicide attack, token