Benazir likely to have foreign security coverNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:52 am ICT by admin
Many government leaders from developing countries have opted for such arrangements in order to strengthen their security and personal safety.
Bhutto, whose was threatened by al Qaeda last week, has said that she is not afraid, as she believes that life and death are in the hands of God.
However, her family, close friends and political associates are said to be of the view that in her case the policy of “erring on the side of caution” would be the most advisable.
Pakistan today, they say, is a dangerous place and not quite the country she left when she chose exile.
“The party was seeking security measures, as it was its constitutional right to do so,” said a Pakistan People’s Party spokesman.
Meanwhile, Geo News reported that Major General (retired) Ihsan Ahmed will head the security team formed by the PPP to protect Bhutto on her return.
The security team includes Zulfiqar Mirza, Hasan Raza and 300 other people. Another committee of 2,000 PSF volunteers is also being formed. Benazir’s bulletproof car will also likely reach Pakistan soon. (ANI)
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf sent questionnaire on Benazir Bhutto murder - Dec 24, 2010
- Benazir murder probe 'futile' exercise as culprits hold powerful positions: Pir Pagara - Dec 25, 2010
- Musharraf sent questionnaire over security lapse in Benazir Bhutto's assassination - Dec 24, 2010
- Joining Imran's party? Forget it, says Fatima Bhutto - Jan 22, 2012
- Benazir Bhutto murder: Musharraf sent questionnaire (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto assassination probe complete: Malik - Dec 28, 2010
- 'Zardari stopped Pak authorities from conducting autopsy on Benazir's body' - Dec 23, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: 300, additional security, benazir, bhutto, bulletproof car, dangerous place, geo news, government leaders, hands of god, hasan raza, mirza hasan, news reported that, pakistan government, pakistan today, party spokesman, political associates, psf, security team, she believes, zulfiqar