Benazir is Asia’s most corrupt politician: PML-Q leaderNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:45 am ICT by admin
Stating that Benazir’s intention behind her homecoming is to get all the cases against her withdrawn, the PML-Q leader said that people of Pakistan would give a verdict against her through their vote.
Corruption cases against Bhutto would remain “in the people’s court,” Elahi said.
“Both Benazir and Nawaz Sharif had come to power twice, but they did nothing for Pakistan, rather had taken the country to the brink of bankruptcy,” the Daily Times quoted Elahi, as saying.
Holding Benazir’s party, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) responsible for the rise of Taliban, Elahi said, “If the PPP had not favoured Talibanisation during its government, the situation in Pakistan had been different today.” (ANI)
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- Musharraf has 'lost his senses' after losing dictatorship: Raja Riaz - Oct 10, 2010
- Nawaz, Shahbaz Sharif defaulters in nine Pakistani banks - May 17, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Musharraf never consulted PML-Q on NRO, Benazir 'deal': Ch Zaheer - Oct 08, 2010
- A first for Pakistan: Gilani indicted for contempt (Evening Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- PML-N, PML-Q play blame-game on SBP bank loan scandal - Dec 07, 2009