Benazir has no chance of becoming PM: RashidNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:45 am ICT by admin
Rashid also said that the MQM would lose seats in forthcoming elections following Bhutto’s arrival.
“I was not in the favour of government’s request sent to Bhutto asking her to shelve her arrival. Let all politicians return to Pakistan”, he said.
He urged that all politicians to pursue constructive politics in the broader national interests.
Rashid also admitted that Bhutto’s return to Pakistan had generated immense reaction against American policies.
“Those who tried to raise the flag of imperialistic polices would have to face suicide attacks. We have already told Bhutto that ground realities have now totally changed,” he said.
Bhutto should not be inviting extremists to talks following the recent attacks, he said.
Bhutto should give Rs 10 million from her own kitty to each family of those 140 persons who were killed in Thursday’s bomb blasts in Karachi, he demanded.
“The three name game being played by Bhutto in connection with the Karachi carnage is a blame game on her part, which has put the National Reconciliation Ordinance at stake,” Rashid added.
In response to a question, he said that both President Pervez Musharraf and Bhutto enjoyed good rapport, while the PPP and the PML-Q lacked such an understanding. (ANI)
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- MQM set to rejoin PPP-led Pak coalition govt - Jan 07, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Another setback for Pakistan government as MQM parts ways (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Musharraf the 'murderer' of Benazir Bhutto: PPP Secy Gen - Oct 06, 2010
- Ex-advisers say Musharraf had no role in Benazir, Nawab Bugti killings - May 03, 2010
- Musharraf involved in Benazir Bhutto's assassination, claims Zardari's dad - Feb 04, 2011
- Musharraf smoked cigars and had coffee with Zardari even after Benazir's assassination - Feb 17, 2011
- Shujaat meets Imran in quest of common ground in Pak Politics - Dec 26, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: american policies, benazir, bhutto, blame game, bomb blasts, forthcoming elections, ground realities, karachi, mqm, name game, national interests, national reconciliation, pml, polices, politicians, president pervez musharraf, prime minister of pakistan, raise the flag, shelve, suicide attacks