Benazir determined to return to Pakistan on ThursdayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:23 am ICT by admin
“In the last eight years I have not given any date for my return, but this time I promised to return to Pakistan and I am not in a habit of making false promises,” she claimed.
“Pakistan can’t be far from me, nor can I leave the country. It was just a temporary departure for time being which I passed with great difficulty,” Bhutto added.
Bhutto said that it is a fact that Pakistan Government suggested me to defer my return to the country, but my return is linked to restoration of democracy and civilian government in the country.
She claimed that bad days for her started with the killing of her brother Murtaza Bhutto in 1996, and not with Musharraf capturing power in a bloodless coup in 1999.
Bhutto said that she is returning to Pakistan after 11 years to bring democracy, end extremism and provide food and shelter to the people, and added that her strength is the support of people of Pakistan.
“I can save Pakistan through people’s power and have no other power to bring a change,” she said.
Bhutto also said that more than million people are gathering in Karachi to welcome her with a hope that she will bring democracy in the country and empower them.
Commenting on Musharraf’s uniform, Bhutto said that the PPP couldn’t work with Musharraf in uniform. She referred to the announcement made by the President before the Supreme Court to shed his uniform, and termed it as a victory for the people of Pakistan.
She said that as per the efforts of her father Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and people of the country restoration of democracy was necessary for the country.
Bhutto thanked the UAE Government for extending support for her stay in the country. (ANI)
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Ties with Israel can bring India-Pakistan closer: Musharraf - Jan 07, 2012
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Musharraf to return home Jan 25 or 27 - Jan 06, 2012
- Pakistan governance has been a failure: Fatima Bhutto - Sep 30, 2011
- Musharraf is now an accused in Benazir killing - Feb 07, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Don't put yourself in the line of fire, Daily tells Musharraf - Apr 19, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Poetry was way of making sense of the madness: Fatima Bhutto (Interview) - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: 11 years, benazir, bloodless coup, civilian government, defer, democracy, extremism, false promises, karachi, musharraf, pakistan government, restoration, time being, time tomorrow, uae government, zulfikar ali bhutto