Benazir demands security cover at par with MusharrafNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
“We want Benazir’s security at par with General Musharraf. After all, she is a former PM of the country and leader of the largest political party,” Malik added.
It has been learnt that Bhutto is not solely relying on the government for this purpose and is also negotiating with some foreign security firms to protect her once she lands in Pakistan.
Malik said despite serious threats to Bhutto’s security, she would not revise her plan and is all set to return on October 18.
Although he refused to divulge details, he said the security measures would be of international level and state of the art gadgets would be purchased for the purpose.
Asked if the PPP has spoken to the presidency in this regard, he said: “Yes, all relevant people”, adding that Bhutto’s lawyer, Senator Farooq Naek, has asked to negotiate with the security people and top officials of the government in this regard.
He expressed disappointment at the threatening statement of the tribal militant leader Baitullah Mehsud that his suicide bombers were ready to ‘welcome’ Benazir Bhutto.
“He is a Muslim and so is Benazir. Islam does not approve of such things,” The News quoted Malik, as saying. (ANI)
- Musharraf asked to answer '32 questions' over Benazir murder case - Nov 23, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Rehman Malik had significant role in Bhutto's security management: Report - Apr 19, 2010
- Zardari said Mehsud not behind Benazir's killing: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik - Mar 26, 2011
- PPP probe report confirms Musharraf, Elahi not involved in Benazir's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak govt won't seek Musharraf's extradition through Interpol: PPP - Nov 25, 2010
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Pak govt. committed to bring Benazir's assassins to justice at any cost: Kaira - Apr 20, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto was killed by the Taliban: report - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: benazir bhutto, disappointment, divulge, dubai, farooq, general musharraf, international level, malik, militant leader, political party, ppp, presidency, regard, security arrangements, security firms, security measures, suicide bombers, threats