Benazir demands international help in Karachi blasts’ probe

November 14th, 2007 - 2:37 am ICT by admin  
The Thursday night suicide attack targeted at Benazir’s homecoming procession left close to 140 people dead and several hundreds other injured.

“We want the government of Pakistan to seek the assistance of the international community,” The News quoted her, as saying.

“They have anti-terrorism experts who have the technical expertise to investigate attacks of this nature,” she said, adding that she had already discussed this with Washington.

Earlier, PPP leaders submitted a complaint of Thursday’s blasts at a police station here, which was registered as an FIR.

In the one-page statement signed by Bhutto, she has referred to the naming of ‘three persons’ to President Pervez Musharraf, whom she considered a threat to her life.

“We have given names for investigations,” PPP leader Qaim Ali Shah told reporters after submitting the complaint. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |