Benazir can be arrested on return: Pak ministerNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:13 am ICT by admin
Ruling PML-Q faces no danger whatsoever on the return of Benazir Bhutto to Pakistan, Azim said while talking to the Online.
Replying to a question, Azim said that it was decision of Bhutto to come on October 18, however President Pervez Musharraf in his recent statements had asked her to delay her return till the apex court’s verdict.
“After yesterday’s development in the Supreme Court it is a different scenario. Benazir Bhutto should delay her return till the challenges are cleared,” Azim said.
He said that Bhutto could still face corruption charges if the court overturns the accord, adding that the government would abide by any court decision.
“If the court declares the national reconciliation ordinance null and void, then all cases and charges against her will be reinstated. Such a situation could create political turmoil,” he said.
“But she is free to come back, this is just friendly advice,” he added.
Azeem said that Musharraf is very popular in the country and with Bhutto’s return, it would make no difference to his popularity.
He also said that Nawaz Sharif was deported according to the law, and added that he was treated legally and constitutionally. (ANI)
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistani PM urged to implement apex court's NRO verdict - Jun 27, 2012
- Evidence submitted in Gilani's contempt case - Feb 22, 2012
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Pakistan's judiciary free, independent, says minister - Aug 01, 2011
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- `Gilani has accepted majesty of law' - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistan's apex court issues Gilani contempt notice (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Country stands by Supreme Court, says Imran Khan - Jan 16, 2012
- Can't write letter against Zardari: Gilani's counsel to court - Mar 21, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: apex court, azeem, azim, benazir bhutto, corruption charges, friendly advice, national reconciliation, nawaz sharif, nro, pml, political turmoil, president pervez musharraf, reinstated, supreme court verdict