Benazir arrives in Karachi, but makes no comment on emergencyNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:23 am ICT by admin
With hundreds of her supporters greeting her at the airport, she directly headed to her Landcruiser and made no comments about the imposition of emergency.
For a brief period, she came out of her SUV and waved her hands to her supporters.
Her convoy then rushed towards her Karachi residence, Bilawal House.
There were no signs of any visible deterrence or impediments by the administration on her convoy.
However, Bhutto’s husband, Asif Ali Zardari, speaking to an Indian private news channel termed the imposition of martial law in the country as ‘unfortunate’.
He said that Benazir is a ‘political scientist’ and made the plan to return to Karachi after the emergency was imposed, since she had promised the people of Pakistan that she would be there with them in their time of adversity.
“It’s definitely not pleasant news (imposition of emergency),” Zardari added.
However many political analysts have inferred her return and her refusal to speak to reporters in Karachi, as an indication of her secret understanding with Musharraf. n Thursday, Bhutto left for Dubai citing her mother’s poor health.
Bhutto was scheduled to arrive back on November 8.
She had survived a suicide attack during her homecoming procession on October 18, as she ended her eight years of self-exile.
Her homecoming was made possible after she made some negotiations with President Pervez Musharraf. (ANI)
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Bilawal strikes a chord with open body language - Apr 08, 2012
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Zardari returns to Pakistan from Dubai (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Benazir's mobile phones recovered from Bilawal House, Karachi - Feb 04, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Dynastic politics a tragedy, says Pakistani daily - Apr 05, 2012
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Musharraf involved in Benazir Bhutto's assassination, claims Zardari's dad - Feb 04, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
- Benazir ready to take her protests against emergency to streets - Nov 14, 2007
Tags: asif ali zardari, benazir, bhutto, convoy, deterrence, headscarf, homecoming, impediments, imposition, karachi, landcruiser, pakistan, pleasant news, political analysts, political scientist, poor health, president pervez musharraf, private news, suicide attack, supporters