Belgium urges citizens to leave SyriaJuly 22nd, 2012 - 10:09 am ICT by IANS
Brussels, July 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Belgium government has issued a warning calling on its nationals to avoid trips to Syria and for those there to leave the country “immediately”, Le Soir paper reported.
“Trips to Syria are not advised. Belgians still present in Syria are asked with insistence to leave the country immediately,” the country’s ’s Foreign Ministry said in a warning.
The Belgian embassy in Damascus has been closed since March 30, those who choose to stay can hope for only “extremely limited” consular assistance if needed, it added.
- US calls on citizens to leave Syria - Aug 06, 2011
- Russia issues advisory against visiting Syria - May 05, 2011
- Czech Republic buys armoured car for ambassador in Syria - Aug 04, 2012
- Annan admits failure of Syrian peace mission - Jul 08, 2012
- Belgium begins troop withdrawal from Afghanistan - Aug 06, 2012
- Obama warns Syria against using chemical weapons - Jul 24, 2012
- UN to send 300 peacekeepers to Syria by May-end - May 02, 2012
- Five Killed, many injured in Syria blast - Sep 04, 2012
- Syria lifts state of emergency after five decades - Apr 20, 2011
- Car bomb blast near UN hotel in Syria - Aug 15, 2012
- Clashes between Syrian army, opposition continue in Aleppo - Aug 01, 2012
- Syria releases over 900 protesters - Dec 01, 2011
- Netherlands recalls ambassador from Syria - Feb 08, 2012
- Malaysia to evacuate citizens from Syria - Jul 22, 2012
- Syria suspended from Arab League - Nov 13, 2011