Belgian princess meets UAE officialsNovember 29th, 2011 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Nov 28 (IANS/WAM) Belgium’s Princess Astrid, who is on a visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to promote the global fight against malaria, has met top officials of the country and discussed the UAE’s role in the campaign.
Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister and minister of presidential affairs, Sunday met Astrid and reviewed the efforts made by both countries in improving the health sector.
Astrid is a special representative of the Roll Back Malaria (RBM) Partnership, a global framework to implement coordinated action against malaria.
It comprises more than 500 partners, including malaria endemic countries, the private sector, non-governmental and community-based organisations, and research and academic institutions.
Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, minister of higher education and scientific research, told Astrid the UAE has made significant progress in the past few years in public health, child care and vaccination.
He said the UAE was free from a large number of contagious diseases and that the country spares no effort to back the international fight against diseases.
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE minister meets Karzai - Jun 23, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Argentina - Mar 16, 2012
- 36 UAE diplomats sworn in - Aug 04, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Top US official visits UAE - May 21, 2012
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, academic institutions, child care, contagious diseases, deputy prime minister, global fight, global framework, health child, health sector, international fight, minister of higher education, nahyan bin mubarak, presidential affairs, princess astrid, roll back malaria, uae officials, united arab emirates, vaccination, wam, zayed al nahyan