Belarus to help build space facility in VenezuelaJuly 5th, 2012 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 5 (IANS/EFE) Belarus will participate in the construction of a space base in Venezuela to be used for launching satellites, Venezuelan Ambassador to Belarus Americo Diaz Nunez said.
“Belarus will participate in the construction of the space base in the state of Aragua in Venezuela. The construction of that base is planned not to launch nuclear rockets, but to send into space scientific research satellites,” the diplomat said at a press conference Wednesday.
The space base will be just one of the projects that will be carried out by Venezuela, China and Belarus, Diaz Nunez said.
“The satellites are being manufactured today in China but the agreement has already been reached for them to be assembled in Venezuela,” Diaz Nunez said.
The three partner countries will also build a power plant in the state of Barinas, a project valued at $900 million.
The project will be financed by China, while Belarus will provide the technology.
“The power plant will be built in three years, between 2012 and 2015, in the industrial zone of Santa Ines, in the state of Barinas,” the ambassador said.
Belarusian President Alexandr Lukashenko visited Venezuela last week and met with his counterpart, Hugo Chavez, to consolidate friendly relations.
On his third visit to the South American country, Lukashenko signed 20 accords with Chavez.
- Venezuela to export oil to Belarus - Mar 17, 2010
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Belarus may stop oil imports from Venezuela - Jun 08, 2012
- Chavez returns to Cuba for cancer treatment - Apr 09, 2012
- Venezuela to invest $45 bn to build, maintain refineries - Oct 01, 2011
- Venezuela boosts oil sales to China - Aug 14, 2012
- Chavez back in Cuba for more surgery - Feb 26, 2012
- Venezuela nationalises steelmaker - Nov 02, 2010
- Venezuela to pull gold reserves out of US, Europe - Aug 19, 2011
- China and Venezuela sign agreement for satellite construction - May 27, 2011
- Venezuela's Chavez back in the public eye - May 24, 2012
- Venezuela pays Exxon $250 mn for nationalized assets - Feb 17, 2012
- Venezuelan lawmakers honour Olympic fencing champ - Aug 15, 2012
- Venezuela provides $2 bn for fund with China - Jul 11, 2011
- Venezuela, China announce joint oil venture - Apr 20, 2010
Tags: alexandr, ambassador, americo, aragua, belarusian president, counterpart, diplomat, hugo chavez, industrial zone, lukashenko, moscow, nuclear rockets, partner countries, power plant, research satellites, santa ines, space base, space facility, venezuela, venezuelan