Beijingers’ 52 min commute is longest travel-time of workers in ChinaJune 7th, 2010 - 3:55 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 7 (ANI): Beijing-dwellers have the longest average commutation time from work to home, in China says a new study.
Calculations by the Chinese Academy of Sciences found that Beijing tops 50 major cities in commuting times - 52 minutes on average.
Experts attribute this unduly long duration to the second-rate quality of public transport in the city.
Residents from 17 cities, out of a total 50 cities analyzed, spend more than 30 minutes in traffic.
“Spending half an hour is not too bad but could still be improved to catch up with the international standard,” the China Daily quoted Niu Wenyuan, a senior researcher with the Chinese Academy of Sciences, as saying.
Niu led the project of writing the “2010 Report on New Chinese Model of Urbanization”, which was released on Saturday and included a calculation of traffic times. (ANI)
- Fruit of 10 years' research stolen as another peach - Jul 04, 2012
- A traffic jam in China that is 100 km long! - Aug 24, 2010
- China's Valentine's Day: Over 4,200 couples get married - Aug 07, 2011
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- China to create more jobs for people in cities - Dec 18, 2011
- World's longest sea bridge opens in China - Jun 30, 2011
- Hong Kong tops Chinese competitive city list - May 21, 2012
- Make learning easy for boys: Chinese lawmaker - Mar 09, 2012
- Chinese officials put on live TV show sweat it out - Jul 13, 2012
- Man behind China's first atom bomb dies - Feb 26, 2011
- Chinese man sentenced to death in demolition case - Feb 01, 2011
- Nuclear physicist who helped create China's first atom bomb dead - Feb 27, 2011
- Chinese second most widely used language on internet - Jul 14, 2011
- Fog disrupts flights in China - Jan 31, 2012
- Quality of life in Beijing poor: Chinese report - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,